Designed to exacting standards, MIYABIÂ® continues to strive for perfection with the new MIYABIÂ® 5000FCD Kaizen Collection. "Kaizen" Japanese for "improvement"Â or "change for the better"Â is a way of life. This series combines the latest technology with sleek, modern lines and centuries of knife-making artistry. Forged 49 layer construction with an FC61 super steel core protected by 48 alternating layers of stainless steel ground to expose a unique Damascus design and wavy katana edge. The new ergonomically shaped black Pakka wood handle features a striking mosaic pin, red decorative ring and end-cap with logo. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
Features & Benefits:
- Ergonomically shaped black Pakka wood handle elegantly enhanced with a mosaic pin, red decorative ring and a metal end-cap featuring the MIYABIÃ‚Â® logo
- Hand polishing reveals a unique Damascus design
- Forged 49-layer construction - FC61 super steel core is encapsulated by 48 layers of stainless steel
- FRIODURÃ‚Â® twice ice-hardened blade is extremely hard and robust, with hardness of 61 HRC
- Traditional Honbazuke hand honed edge creates an ultra-sharp cutting edge of 9.5Ã‚Â°- 12Ã‚Â° angle (19Ã‚Â°-24Ã‚Â° total)
PLEASE ALLOW UP TO 6 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY