Preparing Your Beef Jerky
Required ingredients, provided by Butchers & Packers:
- REGULAR BEEF JERKY – (item no. FSM-Y6843)
- PEPPERED BEEF JERKY – (item no. FSM-Y6805)
- TERIYAKI BEEF JERKY – (item no. FSM-Y6815)
- CAJUN BEEF JERKY – (item no. FSM-E3437)
- HOT & SWEET BEEF JERKY – (item no. FSM-E3447)
- HONEY GARLIC BEEF JERKY - (item no. FSM-E3448)
Preparing Beef Jerky - Sliced
Instructions for 22 lbs of Sliced Jerky
1. Mix Cure (in separate bag inside) with Jerky spice.
2. Add cold water to spice mixture to form a watery paste.
3. Cut beef into thin slices (approximately ¼” thick) removing all fat.
4. Rub beef slices into the watery paste and leave in the fridge (38 F) for 24 hours
5. During the refrigeration time, turn slices at least 3 times or about once every 6 hours.
6. After this time, remove beef and rinse excess mix off beef pieces.
7. Let pieces dry on a paper towel for approximately 3 minutes.
8. Place beef slices on rack in oven or smoker on very low heat.
9. Turn slices every 4 hours until you reach desired texture.
Preparing Beef Jerky - Ground Beef
Instructions for 22 lbs of Ground Jerky
1. Place 20 lbs Ground beef in mixing bowl.
2. Mix Cure (in separate bag inside) with Jerky spice.
3. Add cold water to spice mixture to form a watery paste.
4. Pour Jerky mixture into Ground Beef and blend until spice has been evenly distributed.
5. Place a piece of wax paper on counter (about 2’x2’)
6. Take about ¼ of mixture and form a ball.
7. Place ball in middle of wax paper.
8. Put a second piece of wax paper on top of Ground Beef ball and press down.
9. Using a rolling pin, roll out the beef to approximately ¼” thick (square shape)
10. Cut Ground Beef into strips
11. Place strips on rack in oven or smoker on very low heat.
12. Turn strips a few times during drying time until desired texture is achieved
NOTE: IF YOU ARE MAKING SMALLER PORTIONS OF JERKY (e.g. 5 lbs or 10 lbs), DO NOT MIX THE CURE WITH THE SPICE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO USE IT. STORE SEPARATELY ALWAYS